MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Today was something different from my usual Wednesdays. I went back to school to help out in the DPA orientation. Job was rather simple, interact with the juniors. Met with the other DPA people that were once the same badge as me. Gosh it been like forever since I seen them.

It was rather disappointing because this SP only took in one person into Clean Energy. -.- The previous year was like 5. Why the sudden drop? dun ask me ask Singapore Polytechnic SEEE.

Met the juniors, I can tell you that most of the DPA engineering freshmen are pretty smart. Most of them scoring single digit for their O levels. Made me felt dumb for 5 seconds then I just carried on living with my life. =)

My DE tutorial lecturer was in charge of the orientation for the EEE students I did not know that he had a bigger role to play in school other than being a lecturer. My PEEE lecturer was there to interact with the student. He kept on using me as an example.

He said to the juniors "You want know the definition of fun? You come find this fellow(me). Every time like to play a fool in my lecturers and practical lesson." T_T

HAHA I will take that as a good thing. =)
I realised something different about this year Engineering cluster. The number of girls who applied for DPA into engineering courses in SP increased from 1 (last year) to 3 (this year). Seem like more girls is interested in Engineering. If that the case then history is repeating itself. Back in the 60's and 70's, engineering was the thing back then. People meaning both guys and girls fighting for a spot to study in engineering courses.

Overall the juniors were great. Most of them are still keeping to themselves but hey it the first day of school, people tend to keep to themselves. Give them some time for them to get use to the new environment and before you know it, they are super high. =D

FIN






WELCOME!!!!!!

Photobucket

Designer / Mira Muhayat
Icons / Fonts.com